Vancouver’s technology community is recognized as a top 20 ecosystem North America globally. Yaletown, headquartered in the middle of it, is as avid supporter of the local community.
Next week, Vancouver Startup Week begins focusing on growth and scaling up. Yaletown is providing its expertise in emerging-growth stage companies by participating and hosting events targeting both investors and entrepreneurs.
If you happen to be nearby, we invite you to join us – here’s what’s underway:
- Vancouver Startup Week – Prepare for Launch Panel – Sept 22, 12:00 PM – 1:45 PM (McCarthy Tetrault LLP offices 777 Dunsmuir St, 13th Floor, Vancouver) Yaletown & PricewaterhouseCoopers join McCarthy Tétrault LLP for a lunchtime discussion on some of the business, legal and tax issues that many start-ups will face as they grow their business and seek financing and advice on how to prepare for success. A rare occasion to combine craft beer with legal realities. More info & register.
- Vancouver Startup Week – Access to Capital: Fostering Growth and Innovation For BC Companies – September 24, 1:45PM – 2:30PM (Vancouver Playhouse, 600 Hamilton St, Vancouver) Yaletown & BC Renaissance Capital Fund join a panel bringing together stakeholders, entrepreneurs, investors, and other market participants to explore how both the public and private sectors can help promote access to capital at each stage of growth for BC companies — from seed capital, to growth equity, to accessing credit and the public markets. More info & register.
- Yaletown & Frontfundr Open House – FREE event – Friday, Sept 25, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM (Patio on the 2nd floor, 1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver) Join us on our patio for some drinks and appetizers and learn about the funding eco system and how Yaletown Ventures and FrontFundr are enabling companies to secure financing to grow their business. More info & RSVP. Everyone welcome.
- Investor Lunch: Yaletown Joins CVCA – Sept 25, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Request more info.
- Vancouver Startup Week – Sept 21-26 (Yaletown Silver sponsor) The for-Vancouver and by-Vancouver’s tech community aims to address how technology companies can grow despite challenges including: access to capital, recruitment of talented leadership, and competition to position the company. Large established companies, investors, startups and others will share perspectives. More info & register.
Yaletown helps post-startup businesses accelerate their growth. We looks forward to conversations with investors and entrepreneurs on how Yaletown can help take Vancouver’s tech community even further on a global stage.
Please join us if you can!